Security Installer Community

Videcon

timmo66

Right, thanks for the input guys. End result...

You can program presets via the DVR's ptz menu (mouse or remote control), and then if you have alarms going into the dome etc, you can access the dome's menu by selecting preset 95 on the dvr.

You do not need a keyboard. But controlling the dome is too clumsy without it.

Only thing I didnt like about the dvr was that if your alarms go back to the dvr rather than the dome, it doesnt like it unless alarm 1 is camera 1, two to two, etc etc. I had three alarms going to camera 1, at first alarm 3 wouldnt work because I only have two cameras connected.

and the cable that comes with the dome needs to be longer. Why are manufacturers being so tight on the supplied cable with cameras these days? It means you have to see horrible grey ip boxes next to cameras!!

Goto the preset option and select preset 95 then click the set option I think it the only other option other than go to, it will then take you in the the menus within the dome head.

There is the issue you mention with their DVRs. You can programme any input to trigger any preset but it will still always send the corresponding camera as the alarm. Eg. If you set alarm input 3 to trigger camera one, preset two, it will do that. But it will then send 'camera 3 alarm' to the ARC. We no longer use them.

Another issue with the domes, you can't programme alarm inputs to trigger outputs, you have to do the following;

Programme alarm input to trigger desired preset. Then programme output to be triggered by the preset.

The main downside is everytime you call a preset it triggeres the alarm output. You end up having to use two sets of presets to avoid this. We no longer use these either.

I looped out of 1 into 3 to make alarm 3 work, and made it covert.

who at videcon thought it would be a good idea to design the software like that?

We had to do the same recently.

Archived