Security Installer Community

Evening All (Newbie)

MiniMonkey

Good evening Guy's , my names Antony I'm a Aerial & Satellite Rigger, I've been installing networked CCTV systems for friends and colleagues to build a portfolio for myself, i'm being a good boy and studying in between :) . I'm pretty competent at what I do but I've only really done CCTV on commercial premises. I took on a residential project and I need a little help on PIR Sensor Cameras with working pir I can run back into the alarm, can anyone point me in the right direction

Thank you  Antony

Good evening Guy's , my names Antony I'm a Aerial & Satellite Rigger, I've been installing networked CCTV systems for friends and colleagues to build a portfolio for myself, i'm being a good boy and studying in between :) . I'm pretty competent at what I do but I've only really done CCTV on commercial premises. I took on a residential project and I need a little help on PIR Sensor Cameras with working pir I can run back into the alarm, can anyone point me in the right direction

Thank you  Antony

So is it a covert CCTV system or a CCTV system with detection or are you just trying to save money by using on thing to do two jobs?

Thank you for the replies..

James Wilson, I Will check them out thank you :)

Peter James, The system I'm setting up is a networked Linux based DVR so I can setup custom logos etc. 4 external vp Domes. 1 covert external watching garage and front door. 2 internal PIR Sensors I want to replace with 2 PIR sensors with covert camera possibly with audio just incase the internal is compromised but I want the PIR sensor to be working with existing Home Alarm System. , I could wire from DVR to alarm and let the cameras act as Sensors instead, The covert PIR Sensor camera doesn't have to be the best of quality as its near the door, but I would like audio, ive cat5 cabled the for all internal cameras I will use balluns to the DVR, All external cable is shotgun with a separate wired power supply (individual circuits) No cables seen internal or external ill post some photos of before, during and after for you if you like, sorry it sounds like im selling myself.. i'd just rather be clear on what im doing.

Answering in short Part covert part Obscure i'm always trying to save money but as I say if u pay peanuts you get monkeys... I like my system to do what I say it can do, its easy in commercial premises trunk it throughout.. but im a perfectionist and being 5'5 I can get pretty much anywhere...My cabling is hidden (even in the loft) I started at 10:30 finished at 7pm small box room is only place upstairs I have floorboards up.. from there ive sent all cables up a prefab cupboard/wall to the loft.. I ran 2 cat 5 for home network 2 coax from distribution point  loft down wall installed cat5/DVB wall plates in 2 rooms (neighbouring). installed 1 cat 5 from living room to loft via box room.. put in a new phone line and moved router/modem sent cat 5 through electric C/U cupboard to loft to a switch/hub, sent 25m hdmi/DVB/cat 5 from loft through extension wall in loft to new loft (CRAMPED) down to a wall plate installed in ceiling (existing) for new bedroom , installed new AV point in loft amped to supply 8 rooms.... oh and I cleaned and organised the loft lol... previous engineer just launched cables throughout loft for old 4 cam external system... disgraceful, ill show some pics when done if you let me know where to put them...

Thanks

Antony

not being paid, its for a portfolio just had couple year out for rippin all my tendons in left shoulder... I know the guy through a very good friend :) I don't give out prices because each job differs for like plastering re-boarding painting etc ill probably spend a week on it thur and fri configuring all sensors and balancing his AV system. how much would you aprox charge on a job similar?

Antony

Archived