Security Installer Community

Led Floodlights

jnealon

one's used recently in a garage were sourced from CEF by the sparks, they were detector floods and worked very well, don't know if i would go higher than say 1st with them.

beware they are not cheap for the most powerful ones and best to keep away from Ebay for them. as one's another client bought were just plain dangerous, bordering on lethal.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Any links to a specific model. I looked at some 50W lights in my local suppliers and the earth was not connected in them, would have expected that from cheap ebay tat but not a local bricks and mortar shop

These, specifically the 50W units.

Ā 

Flex and connector block all epoxy/resin sealed.

Im looking to replace a few 500W halogens with led floodlights.

Anyone used them or recommend a supplier, thanks

just say as yet i have not seen any that match a 500 watt, i'd rate the biggest ones i've seen which i think were 70's as 300 watt ish!

ok at 1st floor but a bit narrow and less effective if up in the eaves of a 2 story. if for a client then best warn them, then remmind they are far cheaper to run and should last a lot longer (as long as the case holds out).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i got some ebay ones and I can confirm, the cheap substitutes are as they are described CHEAP... I re-wired mine internally put an earth to theĀ casing and transformer, re-sealed then Ā wired on a ring with flex and quickfit power connectors... back to a plugtop on a timer they have worked well for nearly 4 weeks ill take some photos.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...