Security Installer Community

installation/user manuals

Guest 9651

hi,

this is my first post, but i've been lurking here a while.

just recently taken out 2 galaxy 8 panels (eol) from //.National Installer.// takeovers, :P which are now gathering dust in my shed. As a scantronic/menvier installer, are these panels any good for domestic work?

can anybody send me installation and user manuals so i can have a play?

i have pdf

cheers boys ;)

why do a takeover then take the panel out......... :o

23115[/snapback]

:no:

calm down dear!

we changed the panel for something we as a company deal with day to day, we know scantronic/menvier, ADE (not fitted any for 3 yrs though)panels inside out, and therefore can give a better service to the customer,

we don't install or service ademco microtec panels

just wondered what the galaxy 8 is like, i have no engineering info on them

you used to give out manuals

Guest IM_Alarms

You can get the manuals from honeywell and they are a piece of to work with...... :yes::yes::yes:

........................Please do not swear on the open forum...................

LMFAO..... took out a Galaxy and fitted what!

I am sorry Sir....

Whilst servicing your BMW we had to change your car the engine to a Austin Allegro, because we don't understand it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Technical Manager

NSI/LPC Approved Alarm Receiving Centre

South Manchester

Chemical

If I was asked to takeover a system and the installed panel was not one that I was familiar with, I also would change the panel (no matter what was in it) to an equivelant that I and my engineer's would be confident in all aspects of it's use. There is nothing worse than an engineer turning out to a fault in the middle of the night and having to sit and read a manual before he touches it. Do you accept systems no matter what? . I don't think so :no:

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

You can have all the training in the world but are you telling me that if your company has got several hundred installed panels made by one manufacturer and 2 galaxy's you would be able to remember all the programming options for the galaxy? I don't think so

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

You can have all the training in the world but are you telling me that if your company has got several hundred installed panels made by one manufacturer and 2 galaxy's you would be able to remember all the programming options for the galaxy? I don't think so

You only have to remember how to access the panel, you dont need to know every option. Or you could just have a programing sheet inside the panel.

You can't honestly be saying that if a customer wants you take over their system you will change it automatically for a new panel, simply because you wont cross train your engineers.

Come to think of it if they only know one panel doesn't that just make them fitters and not engineers? and if they get called out to a fault on a panel they don't know do they simply fit a new one rather than fault find?

Colin.

Archived