Security Installer Community

Gardtec 595 Cant Set

paulbaker1954

Cant set the alarm.Get a message saying one zone cant set. This is a wired shock sensor. I have replaced the sensor and checked the wire continuity on the alarm and tamper wires. I have even swapped the wires to another zone on the panel in case its a panel fault. All still no luck.

There is definitely power on the sensor also.

Anyone got any ideas.???

Cant set the alarm.Get a message saying one zone cant set. This is a wired shock sensor. I have replaced the sensor and checked the wire continuity on the alarm and tamper wires. I have even swapped the wires to another zone on the panel in case its a panel fault. All still no luck.

There is definitely power on the sensor also.

Anyone got any ideas.???

So it would seem a fault with the detector or associated cables. some vibration detectors 'lock' after a detection, and then need the power removed to reset them or a voltage applied to a reset terminal. This is done so if you have several detectors on the same zone you know which activated.

If you put a link into the detector alarm contacts, or twist the cables will you zone then clear, if so it is some issue with the shock detector, likely cause is as above.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thanks for the replies. I have replaced the sensor with a brand new one, tried reapplying the power again and still no luck. Sensor is 4 wire wired as eol wit 2 resistors ie power + and - and alarm and tamper wires. Can i still twist the alarm and tamper together and try to set?@

There doesnt seem to be an issue with the wiring as if i twist the alarm and tamper together at the sensor i get continuity when testing at the other end at the alarm pcb

Still confused here

If its not the above, then...

I have had gardtecs lose zones before for no apparent reason (800 series)

Put a resistor across the terminals at the panel just to make sure this hasn't happened.

Also, disconnect the sensor zone wires completely...

Tell us the voltage at the sensor

Tell us the resistance of the wires, measured from the panel end, with the zone wires shorted out

and open...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Archived