Security Installer Community

Premier 48

Guest toasty

You could have some perspex lids made, like the sort of thing's the ICE guy's do!!

22759[/snapback]

It'd look like the bridge of the Enterprise in my understair cupboard if i did that lol...

Make a cool mini disco for the mice though :D

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

That's a very unbiased reply for you bellman ;)

some very good advice

22754[/snapback]

Don't know what you mean Bri :whistle:

I'm off on a factory tour in a few months of the manufacturer i'm not to keen on.

We'll see if they manage to sway my opinion as it's been a few years since I installed them on a regular basis.

although i'm sure everybody has their fave and "wouldn't touch with barge pole" equipment.

as for advice, I'll happily dish it out if people ask me questions.

Regards

Bellman

22777[/snapback]

JUDAS!!some people sell their soul for a freebie :whistle:

[JUDAS!!some people sell their soul for a freebie :whistle:

22780[/snapback]

Who said anything about freebies :o

Although it does help :P

Galaxy is on patrol in my house so I sleep well at night

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

cheers for the all the advice boys.

Much appreciated.

I was looking into getting some of those solenoid door locks, but can't believe the price of them (£300 ish quid!!!)

So I guess it's mag locks for me.... shame as they look a bit more obvious than nice solenoid bolts in the doorframes.

Ok, so I have another question.

I'll be wanting to control some external lights with the random timer out on the panel, also will want to control external lights via the panel outputs and some external pirs.

I was going to just use octal base relays in plastic boxes.

However I can see problems doing this in the house as if the alarm choses to turn a light on, and I've wired the relay over the lightswitch then there will be no way to turn it off, if I wire the relay in series then the alarm will only be able to operate the light if the switch is on, and the lights won't work from the switch alone.

I could use the relay and a twoway switch I guess but that may be confusing for the wife (!)

I could build something a bit more clever I suppose, but I guess you guys may be aware of a product that gives me a bit more flexibility?

cheers

Ive got an 88 in my house and i use the outputs to trip octal relays wired across the switches. Works perfect.....what do you mean you wont be able to turn them off!!! If you are worried about the lights coming on when you are in....use a custom output using a combination of random timer and system full set. Then they will only come on when you're out.

Mine are wired into internal lights, the hall light comes on if the system is in entry between 19.00 and 07.00, and the hall & landing both come on if a smoke detector activates.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived