Security Installer Community

Google Glass And Basic Ha

wonder how far this can go

Contact lens's? Flexi screens glued direct inside your eye lids ? Aaaaargh!

Think i wanna die before we get to there lol!

BBC are dropping 3D program making, due to unexpectedly low uptake of 3D Tv's. Dr Who special this Xmas is the last show scheduled by the BBC for 3D recording.

Imo its more to do with most 3D is CGI, DVD versions are that bit dearer, and the premium Sky charge for it has stunted the uptake.

I also wonder if visual based must have tech innovation is reaching its peek? If so those googles look doomed.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

We had sungoogles during the war!

I think the low 3D uptake has in part been due to the awareness of many that 'the next best 3d' is permanently just around the corner.  Where glasses won't be required and where headaches upon viewing are not mandatory.

Contact lenses are viable and have been tested successfully but the tech has some way to go to mature just yet. Don't write google glass off just yet, there are some excellent possibilities for augmented vision.

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

I think the low 3D uptake has in part been due to the awareness of many that 'the next best 3d' is permanently just around the corner.  Where glasses won't be required and where headaches upon viewing are not mandatory.

Contact lenses are viable and have been tested successfully but the tech has some way to go to mature just yet. Don't write google glass off just yet, there are some excellent possibilities for augmented vision.

Xbox video capture already used for guiding operations, a documentary showed a top surgeon overseeing several operations at once, able to remotely step in using robot arms - astonishing stuff.

last year i see a demo of a prototype 3D screen that needed no glasses, 10" was £14k iirc, but if take up of current 3D tech tails off, there is less money recovered for innovation and research. So i wonder where will the confidence come from for makers, to risk and produce wholesale and bring down prices?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived