Security Installer Community

Dsc Wls 907 Magnetic Contact Replacement

cygnusx04

10 year old British Gas installed Alarm system.

DSC PC 5015 control panel

DSC PC 5132  wireless receiver module - 433MHz

combination of WLS 904P  Wireless Passive Infrared movement detectors and WLS907 Magnetic contact transmitters for doors.

Whilst in the house, had a tamper alarm go off.   Warning light on due to tamper.   Relates to one of the WLS907 door sensors.

I've had the sensor cover off, micro switch working fine.  But replacing cover and doing engineer reset does not help.   Looks like sensor might be faulty.

I notice the WLS907 sensor is a discontinued product!?

what are my options?   Can I still purchase these in the UK?  Is there an alternative I can use?

rather than call out engineer and pay £90 call out + part + labour............. hoping I can sort this myself.     Should be able to unbind the faulty sensor short term, but long term need to replace as on my conservatory door.

thanks

Looks like the DSC WS4945W should work.   DSC website reports.

The WS4945 is compatible with the
following receivers:
PowerSeries™ Wireless Receivers
RF5132-433/PC5132-433 all versions and RF5108-433

currently trying to work out if my panel is v1 or v2.   5 or 6 digit serial used for pairing depending on version.

Have you ever changed the batteries?

Also its certainly not a panel that is DIY friendly, if you keen to keep it you would be well advised to get a company in that uses them. Do you know the engineer codes and have manuals for the system? Then you wont get very far and accessing the system to add new devices will be possible. Also if adding new current "compatible" parts again you would be best advised to upgrade the hardware to the latest version as well.

yes have changed the batteries.   I have the engineer codes and manuals.   Looks straight forward.    Fingers crossed.

"Straight forward"   Good luck then.

Archived