Security Installer Community

Looking For Optima 2 Plus Maintenance

Bunster

What's the discount you get on your insurance for having it maintained?

It's allways recommended having a system Maintence regularly. My insurer only asked if I had a working system. And the discount was minimal.

that is a very relevant point, i don't run a routine maintenance contract with my client base, i advise to have it serviced once a year, at least every 2 years leaving it to the client to choose wether or not to contact me.

i never take out extended warrantees on anything, so i see it as they have a choice about having their car serviced when and by whom, but it's not compulsory at any time period - not many alarms have killed anyone to my knowledge.

I get the occasional call from clients, generated by insurance broker offering a discount if the alarm were maintained by a registered NSI or SSAIB company. I simply say depending who you select, prices charged etc. any such discount saving offered has to be offset against the cost of a yearly contract verses the absolutely no cost of no contract.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

And that's why I WILL still have to work at 78 year's of age.

and why i have always had plenty of work solely on recommendation with zero advertising through how many recessions? since 1985 ;),

I'll be dead before then.

tbh i enjoy what i do, so a long as the legs will carry me i've no intention of retiring, way its going pensionable age will be a 100 before long :(.

Archived