Security Installer Community

Does Anyone Have ?

PSE

Think ox was refering to arf not keeping his end of the bargain with the truce as he is defending rather than putting his hands up.

It wasent directed at you from what i can see.

That's alright then.

But what's this truce thingy?

My dilemma is that I gave a run of 280 domestic services that need to be done, were slightly behind but have notified customers by letter. I have another self employed installer who is local to us who will do them for us.

If I let them do the service run, I'm just looking to keep hold of what I have gained over the years. If all goes well, they could do another 450'ish for us but I'm obviously being cautious.

This is why I was looking if anyone else used any form of agreement. It's taken a long time to get the quantity I have and just keen to make sure they stay here

Thanks guys

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a document or some form of standard agreement that I can adapt to my needs.

Due to us having so much on at the minute and struggling with the demand,

I have another local installer who is offering their services to help us with general service & maintenance.

To protect things from both sides, I am looking for a template of agreement that could be used by us

Basicly, We will not poach or approach any his own customers & he wont poach any of ours etc etc.

Do any of you guys actually use this type of thing ? If so, is anyone willing to share and mail me a copy over.

agreements made verbally about prices and charges, travelling etc. are often challenged, leading to disputes and worse disruption in work progress, even discrediting in front of clients.

my input was to suggest a scheme of even payments. jobs can be spread over a long time, so contractor x runs cables, contractor y 2nd. fixes and contractor z commissions.

so, none of you lot ever run sub-contractors smoothly then??

he just adds "To protect all all parties, an agreement is accepted by all parties, not to procure, encourage or accept approaches for contracts or commissions that might come from casual conversations with the main contractors or each others direct clients.

problem is going to be where you draw the line, and sanctions either way, you could get a solicitor to write up an agreement, but prosecuting any civil action can get very expensive.

all i've seen offered is 'gentleman's agreements' and wise cracks at me. is that the best you lot can do? nothing that REALLY helped?

the o/p is likely using unknown sub contractors who's ethics are yet to be proved, in business in these times - honestly are you guys SURE? or just innocents about 'gentleman's agreements'?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

My dilemma is that I gave a run of 280 domestic services that need to be done, were slightly behind but have notified customers by letter. I have another self employed installer who is local to us who will do them for us.

If I let them do the service run, I'm just looking to keep hold of what I have gained over the years. If all goes well, they could do another 450'ish for us but I'm obviously being cautious.

This is why I was looking if anyone else used any form of agreement. It's taken a long time to get the quantity I have and just keen to make sure they stay here

Thanks guys

well thats a bit clearer, given whats at stake and potential increased profits would it not be wiser to direct employ? after all, have you looked at a sample instal, is your call out rate likely to rise. if so you will likely need staff to cover faults.

your always going to have a risk of some poaching even then, if the subby is in business, sends his mate or his employee, on his behalf, he then might poach, might **** it up or leave it not working - where to stop?

if one of your clients mentions his friend needs an alarm to your subby and he takes it on, is that poaching? personally i'd advise him to call your office to arrange a quote, but not everyone has such ethics

(sorry, i don't sub myself out either).

FFS read the original post agian Arf

i was referring to my 2nd post, i had said nothing about poaching (why i put ?) - just did not consider it an exclusive question.

I assumed the "Truce" worked both ways :P

if only you knew the real meaning ;).

Archived