Security Installer Community

Honeywell Le Sucre - Reprogram?

94pu

Hi all, 

I have an ex ADT Le Sucre system that is no longer in contract. ADT have advised that they can reconfigure the device for £99 so it can be used as a standalone system or have confirmed via letter that this can be completed by a qualified alarm installer.

I thought the Le Sucre product was sold under licence to ADT so this did surprise me a little.

Anyway...I have the system, consisting of door sensors, PIRs, RFID tags, control box and the control panel. The control box has a slot for a SIM card and a USB port. I cant find much online about this system, however I did find a Honeywell document that states that the unit can be configured easily via a PC.

Any ideas if this system can be reconfigured? Can I do it myself or do I need ADT/another installer?

Any help greatly appreciated as do I do like the Le Sucre system and don't really want to purchase another system to replace this one.

Thanks

When I enquired to Honeywell about obtaining the software or any documentation about this panel I was advised it is ADT only and that even trade engineers / companies have no access to the product.

As you have seen online, there is very little information available about it. Reviewing the contracts I have seen with the product, it is rented from ADT and is never customer owned therefore if they are offering for £99 to let you keep it and use it on the face of it, it seems a good offer. The bad news though is if you have a problem with it, ADT's non contract rates are more than the cost of a cheap wireless system.

My advice would be to send it back to them and install/get installed something that has much wider (and cheaper) support.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Qfa

It will be a lot cheaper in the long run.

Or get it done by them and get rid if it does go wrong.

I don't think I have ever seen such a tightly kept secret. At least with the domonial you could program it with either the technical server or stand alone software but Le Secure might as well be called ADT Le Secure

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

it is an adt catalogue,main part of a business id have thought..

Is it, no way thats where I've been going wrong. Why would you list that as the 1st feature for a customer to read, assuming its an end user document.

PS: Are you the 5th Dragon?

Is it, no way thats where I've been going wrong. Why would you list that as the 1st feature for a customer to read, assuming its an end user document.

PS: Are you the 5th Dragon?

its not a customer document,its  an intruder catalogue/parts list issued to engineers and sales staff,not sure about dragon,im even uglier than than hillary bloke.. O_O

Archived