Security Installer Community

Samsung Mobile Viewer App

Driller

Got an SRD-852 fully networked up with access at distance but cannot for the life of me get the app to work on the iPhone.

There seems to be two apps available too: iPolis mobile and Samsung Smart Viewer.

Anyone got any joy with either of these?  All I get is "Cannot connect to the server at this time.  Please try again in a little while".

I've got another Slingbox kicking around (already got one connected to my SVR960) but was hoping to use Samsungs allegedly brilliant phone app instead.

Edited by Driller

Ipolis, works fine, software on the machine must be above 1.03 IIRC, http port is 80, rtsp port is 554.

Ports 80 and 554-558 TCP need forwarding through your router to access remotely.

You will need at least a 3g signal for it to work as well

Edited by breff
  • Upvote 1

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Ok so just upgraded to latest firmware (v1.11)  but still no go.

I can confirm that I can acces at distance with a pc using the webviewer app so presumably all is well with the router config.

With the iPolis app the messa ge I get is

"Cannot connect to the network.  Please complete the device setings at your next access".

Wait a minute...just looked at your post again Breff http port 80 rtsp 554 done that and things have advanced!

Trouble now is it goes to the video feed page on the iPhone which it didn't before but the feeds have a no-entry sign.

Any clue?

Yeah, that's the default and I didn't change it.  I'm pretty sure it's not a network problem though because I am getting through to the DVR, it's just that the image frames are dark with a X and "failed to connect".

Ok, once again I've been pissing around whilst writing this and I had to put in the last number of the range ie 558.

Works perfectly now, a million thanks chaps!

Was going to say that previously it was 554-557, when they added android/iphone they added 558

PS surely I deserve a +1.....

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)