Security Installer Community

Suggested Systems For A Diy Install

RuralRon

But as mentioned you warn about the limitations and its basic method of communication. I think James made that abundently clear. it's clear and always has been but you use sentences like "At least an understanding." it's provocotive as you're saying I don't understand.  i do and have made the decision to not offer them in our product range.  it's a decision made not through lack of understanding which is what you suggest.

We all do large and small installations. You`re dismissing the smaller. As it`s below the line you draw. No twisting words, you said it. As before fine, your choice.  no, your words were very clear "As for being "below" you, fine.".   i never said it was below us/me but was below the minimum spec required of the kit we are prepared to supply. 

The rest is going in circles.  correct but i don't want to be misunderstood so i feel the need to defend my comments.

I suppose it's a case of different stokes for different folks. A pal of mine fits zillions of speach diallers to their residential customers and would never consider using an ARC. To him, speach diallers are monitoring.

Thankfully they also don't like doing commercial stuff and are not approved. I share Ronnies view of drawing a line and not wanting to go there. If your a F1 racing driver, getting in a Corsa is a bit of a come down and I'd feel a bit uneasy about banging a dialler in. At least with a digi, you have the test calls as an indicator all is not well. Not brilliant but still much better than the old dialler. Then again if my 2 choices were bells only or bells with dialler, I'd opt for the second no matter how lower class it is compared to proper signalling devices, a dialler that may let you know is one up from just a bell that will never let you know.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Bang on matt. It is better than nothing and some customers only want that level of kit. I wouldent put comms in my place but do have an old sd1. Thats enough for me as all the stuff worth anything has already been wrecked by the kids!! But have to point out that a lot of the people we deal with its the other way round the grannys with little money always pay and the big letting agents ect are the ones we have to really fight to get paid. Ive never seen a domestic account on stop.

I know of one place new build where the owner paid all contractors half and told them to f off on completition this guy is loaded yet he has no morals or common decency

Bang on matt. It is better than nothing and some customers only want that level of kit. I wouldent put comms in my place but do have an old sd1. Thats enough for me as all the stuff worth anything has already been wrecked by the kids!! But have to point out that a lot of the people we deal with its the other way round the grannys with little money always pay and the big letting agents ect are the ones we have to really fight to get paid. Ive never seen a domestic account on stop.

I know of one place new build where the owner paid all contractors half and told them to f off on completition this guy is loaded yet he has no morals or common decency

We stay away from contracting companies / new builds for the same reason. A ton of hassle getting payment.

I suppose the only issue I would have on a personal note fitting a dialler for a customer is me knowing that is was quite substandard from out usual line of work. Whe you get used to having Heinz beans, tesco value is always a real come down and I think thats where the diallers fit in, the value range but as you say some people are more than happy for that. I think though that kind of work is best left for the non approved cos and electricians rather than the playpen approved alarm cos are in.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

i havnt fitted one in years untill a couple of weeks ago,was a pyronix v2gsm for a lone worker system,i was quite suprised at how good it was really..nice bit of kit was a supply and fit only job so wont get to see its long term use and how relaible it is ,tho it was progd for daily test call,and got customer to do the speech recording..lol

Have used only 2 of those before. Seem ok quite versatile with different messages for different numbers ect

Thats a nice sentiment matt but if all the companys round my way went comms only jobs wed all be at home with 4 cans of special brew watching and possibly participating in the jeremy kyle show!! There isnt enough of that work around so when a domestic asks for a dialler they get a dialler. They are aware of its limitations but to a lot of people that doesent matter

I dont know what heinzs done to there beans but the last two lots i had were awfull then again i got them tesco so you never know.

Have used only 2 of those before. Seem ok quite versatile with different messages for different numbers ectThats a nice sentiment matt but if all the companys round my way went comms only jobs wed all be at home with 4 cans of special brew watching and possibly participating in the jeremy kyle show!! There isnt enough of that work around so when a domestic asks for a dialler they get a dialler. They are aware of its limitations but to a lot of people that doesent matter

tbh im thinking of getting one for my house since the free sms went off i cant rely on the dog.lol

It does come with a lot of options i was very suprised. Dogs are probably more of a deterant than the alarm!

they can have the dog,its not even mine,only looked after it for 2weeks when sis went on hols,2 years later still got the bloody thing..tho they might be scared of it,its blue,yellow and red,it was white untill friday untill the little one dyed it with hair chalk or what ever stupid things the wife buys the kids for xmas..lol

Archived