Security Installer Community

What Music We Listen Too

goncall

I have a massive range in musical taste, and as most probably it depends on the mood and state of inebriation I am in. I have a server with nearly everything you could think of on streamed across the house in various guises. Anything from Vivaldi to The Cult to Neil Diamond.

One  of my top bands.

Its probably a bit late to ask now as the west wing is now boarded and skimmed, but how are you doing the streaming?

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

I had the headphones in tonight in the bath listening to Pure Cult and got a bollocking for singing, top tunes from the Bradford lad.

Main PC in the garage with all the film and music on XMBC, revo pc in the main room onto the surround sound via XMBC, streamium NP3700 in the kitchen mainly listen to internet radio on this (best sound per £ by far). Sons iPod, daughters iPhone and my Arc S also share media.

Just started the conservatory (waiting for the radiator to be delivered this week) and will probably get another streamium for in there, then just the dining room and lounge left where I will update the TV to a smart job and look @ some other sound options. Bit of a mish mash but works well and much cheaper than sonos.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Ta. Streamium looks good - has it got additional audio outputs?

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

"Connections: 3.5 mm headphone, 3.5 mm Stereo Line input - MP3 Link"

I only bought it on a whim as it was on special offer around £100 iirc but if it's in a corner the sound is really rich.

post-1124-0-43517200-1359583008_thumb.jp

eta, not banging loud but plenty for a kitchen or even room at that matter, we had a gathering (not quite a party) @ Xmas and this was the only thing I used, loud enough imo.

Archived