Security Installer Community

Distributing Hd Over 4 Tv's

Lwillis

Not sure where to put this but maybe someone could help.

been asked to quote by an exisiting customer.

They have just upgraded 2 Sky boxes to HD and are currently using the RF output and a 4 way coax splitter on each box to feed 4 Tv's each with 2 signals ( one from either box)

They wish to have all 4 HD tv's to use the HD output from either box - so 2 HDMi inputs at each point.

the runs are a great distance maybe 30M to the furest point.

Controling the Sky box from the TV point isnt required .

been looking at a HDMi 4 way splitter and running 2 cat 5s to each tv and then using HDMI to Cat 5 Convertors but its starting to get a bit messy , there must be a better way.

currently.

2 of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HDMI-DVI-Extender-Balun-Cat5-Cat6-Repeater-Cable-1080P-/200605065426?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2eb4fe60d2

and 8 of

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-WAY-HD-hub-1080p-1x4-HDMI-Splitter-Amplifier-HDTV-1-3-/190400914230?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2c54c76336

and a drum or 2 of cat 5

anyone have any Ideas.

Would still need 2 , 4 way splitters ,

Only at pricing stage at the minute - customer reckons sky priced it was a "couple of hundred pounds "

No idea how they got that tho .

Typical "oh they said it would only be this", if I had a quid for every time I have heard that :D

And don`t forget Sky will lasso the cables everywhere...................

Virgin are better, just sling it across the garden in some green copex. A neighbour they have even clipped it to the tarmac pathway. Thats it, shotgun clipped to the path.

Only had them once, saw what he was doing and told him to FO.

Not in same house now. But BT had to put new point in this one (refurbed, no points). He put the point where I wanted it as I had pre drilled and mounted back box. He then asked where the extension was to be placed, I looked at him, around the room and said how was he going to hide it. And winked.

He laughed and said you know we are only insured to clip to skirting s and around door frames not thru them.

I said not to bother all DECT phones anyway.

But I have to admit he was neat, clean and tidy.

Archived