Security Installer Community

Quick G2 Wiring Question

Driller

The line is wired in to the panel for UDL and the local line fault monitor, that's how we always do it.

I can see a few bits wrong but that's only IMO fact is its unusually tidy for this industry. Scot has given himself plenty of future proofing if required.

Customers!

The line is wired in to the panel for UDL and the local line fault monitor, that's how we always do it.

cheers. Does this relay not also the monitor the radio path also?

By the way not picking at you just interested in your opinion as I've done this myself when I've run out of inputs on board.

I can see a few bits wrong but that's only IMO.

I'm curious as to what you would do differently? Is flex into fabric of building one of them?

Belfastengineer, I think the linefault output is something we need to look into IMO. As above, we monitor the line via the panel, but obviously we don't get notification of GPRS failure at the panel. Maybe the trigger lead is the way forwards...

Trade Member

I'm curious as to what you would do differently? Is flex into fabric of building one of them?

Belfastengineer, I think the linefault output is something we need to look into IMO. As above, we monitor the line via the panel, but obviously we don't get notification of GPRS failure at the panel. Maybe the trigger lead is the way forwards...

No worries mate.I had a job done as you have done and NSI flagged it up during inspection.

It is. Flexible cables should not be used for fixed wiring but that's only my opinion. Regs have changed to allow flex as fixed due to whine from our European neighbours. So technical wise it's not an issue. Don't dwel on it as I approve and I'm flattered your intrested in my opinion. Telecom test point external to panel would be a must for me and ours get a solwise from risco on every instal

Customers!

Fair enough! It is 2.5 T+E to the FCU though. In hindsight I think a CTS gland in the top of the panel and out of the flex outlet may have been a better choice, but anybody who's ever fitted a 20mm gland into the top right knockout of a Galaxy will know that the lid doesn't want to go back on afterwards (without a slight modification, of course!)

You never stop learning, so if I can get someone's opinion and learn something from it, all the better in my book. Thanks for the input.

Trade Member

Yep, we do the same re. fault.

Radio path fail would be picked up at ARC?

Our inspector would fail the installs on no rubbing strip fitted to elongated holes (we disagree with it) fair enough grometts for mains and knock outs but pre-formed?

Also, flex is acceptable from spur etc otherwise heating systems etc would fail jef?

Think BS4737 had a "all flexible connections correct" on the check list?

Yep, we do the same re. fault.

Radio path fail would be picked up at ARC?

so would pstn using that argument. But still doesnt comply lads.

Also you can 50v but cannot dial out to external number, ie poll failure.

Plus catastropic failure takes a while on dc

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived