Security Installer Community

No Sleep - Help!

nickanderson

Hi all,

I have a scantronic 9427 and the tamper light stays on, resulting in NUMEROUS activations - even though the alarm isn't switched on - and a serious lack of sleep for me, my wife and 2 kids!!! I have reset the alarm with the code, switched it off at the mains, disconnected mains power, and nothing seems to work!!

I have searched on various forums and it seems likely that the internal backup battery probably needs changing....the only problem is, I have no idea where it is or what it looks like!!! I have taken the front off, but i am at a bit of a loss and not sure I can take another night without sleep!!!!

Any help and suggestions gratefully received will post pics if needed!!

Nick

you may be better off finding somebody to repair or disconnect the system

QFA

All things you have done will only make the problem worse, leaving the mains disconected will cause a problem with your neighbors too when the battery goes flat.

9427 is the keypad model , You probably have a 9448 panel in a cupboard somewhere and it takes a 2.1 ah battery, also now available in a 2.3ah version.

http://www.batterymasters.co.uk/Product-Yuasa-NP2.3-12,-12V-2.3Ah-Sealed-Lead-Acid-battery-%28L%28mm%29-W%28mm%29-H%28mm%29-178-34-64%29_1754.aspx

Or

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1339

If doing so yourself, remove the mains, by removing the fuse in the spur or by switching off the fuse in the consumer unit and testing it is dead. Remove panel lid and enter code in keypad. replace as the old one is and then put in code again and close panel then turn on mains, Enter code and then enter again, Should be done,

This is assuming it is the battery and you are confident on working with mains ( Warning it can kill). If not then do as suggested and have it serviced by a local company, Most should be able to work on this.

thanks for the advice, think i'll just remove the battery and disconnect the mains - i assume that will effectively switch the whole thing off?!!

It wont the bell also has a battery in it, and the bell will start to ring if you downpower the system completely, if you're lucky it will stop after 20 minutes, but even then it wont be forever.

Archived