Security Installer Community

Accord Xpc Battery Light

carefreeman

Hi

I have a accord xpc alarm in my house which isn't used at all.

The other night I came home and the alarm inside was making a loud noise.

I typed in my code and it stopped but the battery light is now on.

As I don't use the alarm is this anything to worry about?

I want to know if its going to go off over and over again or thats it now I've typed my code in.

I will get someone in to replace it when I have some spare cash as the battery might leak I guess if I leave it forever?

I have no service plan and the house insurance is for a house without an alarm so thats not an issue. Its just about the dam thing going off again when I'm out annoying the neighbours and any damage it can be caused leaving it as it is.

Many thanks

I will get someone in to replace it when I have some spare cash as the battery might leak I guess if I leave it forever?

I have no service plan and the house insurance is for a house without an alarm so thats not an issue. Its just about the dam thing going off again when I'm out annoying the neighbours and any damage it can be caused leaving it as it is.

If you never plan on using it then get someone in to de-commission it rather than repairing it, or you'll just have the same problem again in a few years time.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Archived