Security Installer Community

Webcam Thing

Ronnie

Anyone ever done this for a customer? They want a webcam to stream on their website - I'm guessing we could use an IP camera which outputs their website people can point to?

We set this up for a building firm we do site CCTV for.

Basically it is a private website that our web developer has a webpage that somehow he managed to get code of the DVR developers that they use for there web viewer software. He connects straight into the DVR stream it also takes snapshots everyday @ midday and saves them so later they can make a timeline video of the build.

we've done remote access to mobotix cams on a building site but that a private link - this is a for a sailing club who want a webcam showing the lake as a page of their website or as a small window within a page on their webiste - what ever options are available?

The problem as you have identified is upload and bandwidth. 1 user fine, 2 or more would/may be an issue.

We use our cloud transmission system for this when we have done it before. ir stream to our cloud. 1 user. Then its on the internet backbone so then bandwidth is no longer an issue for multiple views. But then not free. Depends on the client and budget.

Stills can be done free using 60 second ftp uploads and then the webhost picks up the bandwidth.

But most people prefer a stream (or so i have found) and prefer to pay for that than have 60 second stills

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

We use our cloud transmission system for this when we have done it before. ir stream to our cloud. 1 user. Then its on the internet backbone so then bandwidth is no

I understand this. How do you get the feed from the cloud storage to ther website though - would that be using (for example) the Axis API?

Archived