Security Installer Community

Gardtech 595 Wireless Smoke Detector And Tamper

pau101

Dear all,

Can I first start with a thank you to all those who have posted on here in the past I've found may useful answers to previous questions, however this time I'm stuck so I need to ask for some help!

I've got a Gardtech 595 system which usually works fine for me, however the other day the carbon monoxide detector went off (due to something in the kitchen - another story) my wife thought it was the smoke detector so in trying to stop it too the smoke detector off to take the battery out!

That in turn set of the tamper circuit on the intruder alarm - at this stage I got a phone call as two alarms were sounding!

Anyhow, to cut to the chase, I have since fixed the kitchen, and re-instated the smoke detector.

However my panel is still reporting a tamper "enter code check" I can clear this but then the alarm faults on tamper again. I don't seem to be able to unset the system to be able to enter the engineers code to reset the tamper fault.

I have both the master and engineer codes, the user and the engineer's reference guide, I'm sure I'm missing something simple but I'm not sure what it is.

I don't know if I need to do something different with it being a wireless smoke detector?

Please if anyone can tell me what I'm missing I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,

Paul

Does the detector have a rear tamper too? If the panle is saying tamper it has either not recieved a signal from the detector to say the tamper has been restored or the tamper has not been restored

Activate the smoke detector with the button on. This should send the tamper restore back and then re set panel.

^^This, gardtec stuff only sends a tamper restore on the back of the next alarm transmission.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Thank you all for your replies so far, I seem to remember the original installer having 'issues' with the smoke detector as it was the last bit to be added.

From what I can see there are two tamper switches: 1, with the battery compartment, and 2, on the rear of the unit that is closed when it's in the mount.

When I press the button on the detector, the sounder in it sounds, and the main alarm goes off but in tamper mode.

I think there's something I'm not doing right on the detector to clear the tamper but I'm not sure what.

Take the smoke down and de install then reinstall in programming next to the keypad making sure all tampers are closed.

Once that is done then install smoke and activate. Reset panel. That should work.

!

Archived