Security Installer Community

Guidance Document On En50131, Bs8243 And Pd6662 From Castle

Thanks for the replies

Sorry my second question was abit misleading haha

When the primary path fails (pstn) its has to be on a zone so the alarm is then in fault right??

And then if both paths fail a second zone is set up to create a fault??

G2- primary path fail

G3- both paths fail

Or am i making this up???

cheers

Sorry not pstn gprs/gsm

Check out BSIA Form 175 for a way of monitoring single / all path fail via the single line fail input.

I find this BSIA Form 175 confusing

BSIA Form 175

What exactly does it mean?

Also when using a Dualcom what if any is the difference between using option 2 fault output relay - BSIA Form 175

operation and option 3 - fault and aux output relays?

:unsure:

post-18086-0-91455500-1416125217_thumb.j

DD - this ones for you if your still looking at this thread....

Line fault monitoring on menvier range.... And ion range (same thing). How can you make the panel differentiate between single and all?

Always had this issue, even back to the 9853.. Put a voltage to the line fault input and it always shows "line fault all" even though it's single path failure.

Pin 10 of the castle panels is defaulted as ATS Test. Connect that to the test pin of a Form 175 compliant communicator. To my knowledge at this time that is Dualcom or Redcare. If there is a path fault, the com triggeres the LF pin as normal. The panel triggers pin 10 in response. This is an instruction to the com. It is saying 'hi, I am a form 175 panel. What kind of path fail is this?' So now the com pulses the relay. The pattern of the pulse is different for single path or all path. So now the panel can display the correct fault on the keypad as an alert.

As I recal the panel that can do this are Castle and Texecom. When I worked for Cooper Security Scantronic and Menvier also supported it. But I do not know if ION does.

The other use we have for this pin is to trigger an all paths test. One hour before a scheduled automatic remote maintenance (ARM), the panel fires this pin. The com says 'I do not have a line fault, so I will test all paths'. One hour later the ARM message is sent to the ARM server. If any of the paths failed during the test, the panel will by now be in a line fault and therefore fail the service.

Hope this helps.