Security Installer Community

Ancillary Device

jb-eye

Took maintenace on today for a FA. It has a shutter over a servery that drops when the FA sounds. issue is The shutter is conected to the Sounder Curcuit and drops when the panel is tested on a class change i.e. the fire relay dosent change. is there a deviation for this?

Customers!

True-but surely one doesn't silence just for the shear hell of it-you silence/reset after confirming that a valid alarm state no longer requires action.

At which point anything attached to the sounder circuit may be reset also.

"sorry mi lord but mrs Jones burned to death because a polish person who worked here didn't know what the procedure was"..........it does happen unfortunately!.

One will never cover all eventualities either by legislation or trying to cover all possibilities.

True-but surely one doesn't silence just for the shear hell of it-you silence/reset after confirming that a valid alarm state no longer requires action.

At which point anything attached to the sounder circuit may be reset also.

"sorry mi lord but mrs Jones burned to death because a polish person who worked here didn't know what the procedure was"..........it does happen unfortunately!.

One will never cover all eventualities either by legislation or trying to cover all possibilities.

Ain't that what happened to Mr Morris ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

I thought so. I thought you couldnt connect things to the sounder circuit?

hmm! now that begs a monitoring issue with same job. i class changed two buildings but have only monitoring on one fire panel. Now if the other panel goes into fire i will get zero, so i was toying with using a relay wired to the sounder instead of the fire relay

Customers!

Archived