Security Installer Community

Galaxy G2 Or Texecom Premiere 24 Of Veritas Excel

Avotronics

Hi,

I'm trying to decide on an alarm system for my small workshop.

The workshop is a converted garage with medium size window and door at front and very narrow but wide window at the back.

My requirements at present are:

EOL

2 internal pir / 1 external

3 shock / mag contacts

Smoke & fire alarm

I may require the ability to turn on and off lights etc at a later date and I know the texecom has a controller for additional devices.

I was initially looking at the Veritas Excel as this seemed more than adequate for a one room workshop.

But I haven't been encouraged by reviews on here about the veritas range.

If that is a bad panel, I can get the galaxy g2 with Prox keypad and two tags for around £130, or for similar money I can get the premiere 24 with prox keypad and two tags also. The one advantage with the g2 is that it has a built in pstn communicator which would be nice I guess.

So which panel would you guys recommend and finally, I have some texecom impaq plus with contacts, are these okay or should I look at something else to cover my windows such as the viper glx from Honeywell.

Thanks.

Oh and I forgot to say ello... ello.

Daniel

all fine, but external pir ?

Ar yes, that one slipped out unknowingly.

I'd like an external motion detector at some point to trigger something inside - NO not a shotgun lol.

Though this can be done separately.

Does the veritas excel allow for connections to other devices via controller, such as lights?

I'd like an external motion detector at some point to trigger something inside

don't......

Does the veritas excel allow for connections to other devices via controller, such as lights?

has limited range of outputs which inturn can be conected to relays ect....

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Don't...

Okay, but, it's not going to be on and off all the time.

The sensor i'm thinking of using would simply cover the door and window area, so someone or something would have to come right up to it. Also the workshop has a canopy and is recessed back into the building somewhat, so I don't think it will come on much at all, only when people are snooping.

has limited range of outputs which inturn can be conected to relays ect....

Okay thanks, might rethink the veritas.

Okay, but, it's not going to be on and off all the time.

The sensor i'm thinking of using would simply cover the door and window area, so someone or something would have to come right up to it. Also the workshop has a canopy and is recessed back into the building somewhat, so I don't think it will come on much at all, only when people are snooping.

Anything outside is more likely to find cats,rats, birds, bushes ect.... moving rather than billy the burglar,

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

The outputs on a Veritas are only communicator outputs so are very limited for use. The inputs are limited also, for example you cannot set inputs dedicated for your shocks (entry shock etc). Veritas is a basic DIY type panel.

You will need something decent like the Premier, Galaxy or Euro 46. Trust me, spending that bit extra will be worth it.

id go for the galaxy but the g2 is not as powerful as the bigger g3 galaxies. Same goes for the premier 24 its not as powerful (flexible) as a prem 48 for example.

I would just use a standard panel and then use something like a voltek to do the external element

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived