Security Installer Community

Help Needed With Old Ts800 Keypad

MWO

I have an alarm system with two TS800 remote keypads. On of them has developed a fault with the keys where they don’t always respond unless you press them really hard when the weather is cold.

I have a spare TS800 remote keypad but my alarm servicing company refuses to fit it and insists I need a new alarm system – this seems expensive overkill as it’s just a temperature related fault with the keys on the keypad!

Please can somebody tell me if I disconnect the existing pad and swap it for the spare, will the alarm systems recognise the new remote keypad or would I need to somehow program it to the alarm control box?

Also, the keypad has a tamper switch on it behind the cover, will the alarm go off when I remove the keypad cover? Presumably I can stop the alarm if it goes off by entering the code in the other remote keypad?

Thanks,

MWO

Ask why they wont replace, seems strange to me, also most (TS certainly can) can have the membrane cleaned with a propitiatory cleaning fluid, ask your co to do this.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I think they won't replace it because they are concerned about product liability (fair enough, but I have told them that I will accept liability), and becasue they would much rather sell a new alarm, which to me is a big waste of money when the rest of it works perfectly.

I may try asking them to clean the contacts, but I could easily do that myself and save a call out charge. I just need to know if I take the remote keypad apart to clean the contacts or to swap it with the spare one will this cause any problems?

Thanks,

MWO

Archived