Security Installer Community

Gardtec 595 And Iwise Am

TTmjp

Hi

I recently upgraded my PIR's to iWise Quadsec anti mask, there are 7 installed in total. I would like to provide the detectors with a +12v on the set terminal when my gardtec 595 is armed (to disable AM when set), I think I can use PGM1 for this but don't know which setting to use on PGM1 and whether or not I can supply all the detectors from this terminal or if I need to fit a relay?

Many thanks in advance for any help offered,

Matt

Depends what grade the alarm is being installed to. if you are a diyer, then i doubt you need it at all, it can only cause trouble unless you choose the site for the detectors carefully, and your insurance company wont accept a diy installed alarm as a graded alarm anyways

Thanks for your advice, the system is DIY but all components are grade 3 and panel is setup as grade 3 with 2 wire eol on ELF1 wiring. I have enjoyed doing this system and although it won't provide any insurance backing I wanted to do a system that was more challenging than the run of the mill DIY systems. I have also installed a GSM dialler for instance! I have been researching the use of the PGM1/2 outputs on the Gardtec but can't verify whether they provide a current source or just a open collector output, thus is why I need help.

PGM 1 & 2 are open collector outputs.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

My advice would be if you dont need it then dont install it, AM is a PITA to those that have to install it

I didn't realise that they could be problematic, I guess if I can sort the +12v inhibit for the anti mask when the panel is set I can minimise any false alarms if they are an issue.

You may find inhibiting when set adds to the problems, if you dont have to use it (And I cant think of a good instance in most diy domestic applications as to why you would need to, unless you often invite really dodgy people into your house) then dont use it

Archived