Security Installer Community

Gardtec 595 And Iwise Am

TTmjp

PGM 1 & 2 are open collector outputs.

Thanks RichL, is my only option to set output of PGM1 to any set with -ve output to a relay coil then? If so I would then supply the detector 12v mask inhibit through the relay fed from aux?

Not sure i understand your post, sorry if you already understood this. open collector means either open circuit or 0v output, so you would need A relay to switch positive to the detectors. open collector also means no protection against over current, be certain what you are doing before you use it full stop. fried electronics are costly

Thanks fozzies, yes I understand that I will use the PGM1 as 0v for my relay coil and 12v from aux, I would then use a n/o contact on the relay to supply from aux 12v to the detectors. What I don't understand is why the Gardtec enables you to configure +ve or -ve function for PGM1, obviously in the above instance I would use -ve function?

What I don't understand is why the Gardtec enables you to configure +ve or -ve function for PGM1, obviously in the above instance I would use -ve function?

where have you read that? AFAIR you can toggle the quiescent o/p state in the programming, I assume this is what you have seen.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Archived