Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9600 Exit Fault But Exit Ok

yaryl

Hi,

I have a Scantronic 9600 alarm system which is showing an exit fault - group A when setting the alarm.

The fault is showing as the front door and the walk test when started shows "front door" rather than starting blank. However the magnetic contact on the front door is working OK as this shows correctly on walk test if opened and shut. Also the alarm can be set OK on Group B which includes the front door and the alarm subsequently activates if the front door is opened.

The engineer temporarily removed (software setting rather than removing the wires) the door circuit from Group A but the alarm still shows Exit Fault Group A even with it out of circuit.

Has anyone encountered this - is it possible it could be a software glitch that may require a NVM refresht of the box? (I guess this would loose all the settings).

If you have encountered this sort of fault then ideas appreciated!

Thanks

Yaryl

i had something similar on a gaurdtec 800 the other day, do you have engineering acsess? you could try moving zone 1 to zone 8 and reprogramming? or pop a link in exit zones if it still shows up as an open zone may be a faulty panel or nvm

Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies. When I get a mo I'll look for a short. The unit was originally installed in 94 so 17 years but has been pretty reliable. I do have the engineer code and an installation manual so good idea to try moving the front door onto another group. I guess if I stuck everything on say group B then if that works I could just leave it be as I only really need one group and there are 4.

Thanks

Yaryl

Archived