Security Installer Community

Replacing Paragon Plus With Veritas 8

massifal1

Hi Guys,

I have used this forum many years ago and you were really helpful, so I am hoping I have the same response.

My trusty old Paragon Plus keypad died. All the rest of the system works ok but buttons dont contact too well. I tried removing keypad from pcb and cleaning contacts with limited sucess. So I have bit the bullet and bought a new panel.

First and foremost for all the health & saftey guys, I have isolated the whole system and there is no power to the fused spur. :proud:

I have installed the new panel and wired up all the zones in a logical (to me O_O ) order.

It is a fairly small set up 5 pir's, 2 magnectic door contacts (front & rear) 1 PA button in bedroom. Both door are used as entry /exit with pir's in that area to be programmed accordingly. ( I may need some help with this too after I have commisioned the system.

THE QUESTION IS THIS.....................................

Wiring the SAB

On the paragon plus I have 6 wires coming from the sab

green to stb -

yellow to stb + (assuming strobe pos & Neg)

Blue to bt ( Assuming tamper return)

Red to b +

Black to b - ( Assuming sounder pos & Neg)

White to BB ........ no idea . :-

SAB connections on Veritas 8 have only 5 ports I have 6 wires ?

Connection port on Veritas 8 is as follows.

A. permanent + supply

B switched Neg to activate sounder

C Neg tamper return

D permanent neg supply (ov)

S switched neg to activate strobe

Can someone please tell me the correct set up.

Thanks. Al......

Hi Al

Please do not repeat the same post in different areas of the forum, once is enough and everyone can see it here

Apologies Peter, just noticed forum on control panels etc after I had posted this and thought it was more apt. :shy: Can you be of any assistance ?

Hi,

Veritas 8 Paragon plus

A=Perm pos Red B+

B=Bell neg (trigger) White BA

C=Tamper return Blue BT

D=Negative supply Black B-

S=Strobe negative Green STB-

You will require a link from A to the core that went to STB+ on the Paragon (yellow), this provides the positive to the strobe.

I cannot find a reference to BB in the Paragon installer guide, I can only assume that it is BA!.

Richard.

Hi petrol head,

Yes it did go off ,so I disconnected the piezo sounder as I didn't want to annoy anyone ( not that anyone came to see anyway) or to run the batt down.

Thanks for the thought. I am just going to wire it all up now. fingers crossed.

Al

Ps to all.

I am not using zone 8 do I need to link it out ?

Just a quick update,

All wired up ,walk tested all zones all ok, global tamper ok. all bell & strobe ok inc extra 240v carters minimite from the ark (via a relay) . Programmed full set fairly easily. & physically tested in this mode.

Part set is doing my nut in :ranting:

full set is configured as below

Zone 1 front and rear doors on e/exit type 6 ( front door leads to hall & rear door leads to kitchen)

zone 2 hall pir on intermediate type 2

zone 3 kitchen pir on intermediate type 2

zone 4 lounge pir on guard type 3

zone 5 diner pir on guard type 3

zone 6 bedroom pir on guard type 3

zone 7 pa on pa type 7.

This all works perfectly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Part set I have used same set up but omitted zone 6 bedroom again all ok.

UNTIL my lump of a teenager decided to come home after we are in bed with alarm set on partial. I need front door to be on E/E but cannot seem to achieve this despite following manual.

Any Ideas ???????? :hmm:

Also cant find how to adjust e/e/timer my wife who is disabled uses a stair lift :drive1: and the current time cuts it a bit fine .

you Guys have been brilliant once again so a big THANK YOU to all who have contributed. You have also made me feel that I have (with your help) achieved something.

Archived