Security Installer Community

Have I Broken My Jsb Regent?

JamesB

Hi

I would both love it and be amazed if anyone is able to help me on here with this.

I have a JSB Regent alarm from 1997. Although I suppose it is old, it was working perfectly well and had never given me any problems. In fact last year I added a couple of extra PIR detectors myself at the same time as rewiring the house and installing CCTV so I thought I had a reasonable security set up.

Anyway, today, my friend and I were replastering the hall and we decided to remove the keypad and chase in the wires nicely rather than leave them stapled up the side of the architrave. Unfortunately before we had turned off the intruder alarm circuit the red black and yellow wire were accidentally pulled out of the keypad. (Please don't give me a lecture on this, I feel bad enough anyway and I am not even blaming my friend even though I normally do). I am guessing the wires touched each other because they blew a 2 amp fuse in the main alarm box. At first I was relieved to see a broken fuse. However now this fuse is replaced every light on the keypad (except "power" oddly enough) comes on and although the buttons beep they do pretty much nothing else.

Have I inadvertently reset it in some way such that it needs some magic to reprogram it or is it simply done in?

Please give me an answer I will like. I am not worried if it gets quite technical as despite the above stupidity I can cope! :xmas:

I think they light up like that if they are in engineer mode, check to see if the clear button is stuck in, holding down clear while powering up causes the panel to jump straight into engineer mode

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

if it is in engineer mode 99 exits providing all tampers are clear

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Thank you to everyone that replied.

I tried everything and nothing changed the keypad from flashing every light except playing with the 2 toggle switches on the back of the pcb, but not having any form of engineer's manual it was anyone's guess what they do.

In frustration I popped to TLC and have just replaced the control panel and keypad with an Accenta Mini G4 Alarm panel and an LCD keypad. This took under an hour to fit and set up and it seems much nicer to use. I spent longer faffing with the ruined keypad - isn't that always the way?

Thank you to everyone that replied.

I tried everything and nothing changed the keypad from flashing every light except playing with the 2 toggle switches on the back of the pcb, but not having any form of engineer's manual it was anyone's guess what they do.

In frustration I popped to TLC and have just replaced the control panel and keypad with an Accenta Mini G4 Alarm panel and an LCD keypad. This took under an hour to fit and set up and it seems much nicer to use. I spent longer faffing with the ruined keypad - isn't that always the way?

Anything these days that is no longer covered by a warranty or doesn't have any easily accessable spares you're better off replacing anyway.

Archived