Security Installer Community

Optima Xl6 Not Working

gazlad78

yes but you dont know whats been done to them.

On power up it will go into alarm then entering the 'correct' code will silence it. Without this code you cant do anything.

your choices are defaulting the panel ore replacing it. The optima gen4 will slot right in

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

The indoor storage in our boat club is installed with a optima xl6 and the building had a rewire about 6months ago

since then the alarm hasnt worked.As soon as mains power is turned on it just bleeps franticly and will not reset

batterys are new.

we have two of these systems in seperate building both with exactly same fault.

i dont know if somebody has fiddled with the panel when typing codes in as theres over 20 of us with acces to buildings!

oh dear, just how laspe is your security....

hi james i find it strange both systems aint working tho

lack of maintenace & / or the electrican performed an insulation test on your equipment?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

It sounds like they are in alarm condition on power up and someone has changed codes.. Does the external siren sound as well? I would say a reset to factory would be my first choice but you would benefit from a system which offers you more control and more then one code.. you can always keep a master code and give a basic user code to everyone else. The gen 4 optimas are good little basic panels and not too expensive. Where are you? Im sure someone on here will be able to help you out.

Archived