Security Installer Community

Home Link 75 ....adding A Wired Output To A Master Blaster

cretan-steve

Hi Guys,

Back again, bought some new PIR's and had the system on test for a reasonable time now and its performing well, time to add the master blaster !

I kindly got sent a wiring diagram but for the life of me I cannot get it to work, don't know whether it's the circuit or the setting up of the output from the panel, hope someone can help me please ?

The panel wants you to use the wireless bell box so the only info I can really find in the book is for the setting up of that which bears no relation to what I am trying to do, it does not seem to cover the two wired outputs in any real detail.

Can anyone advise please, I have just the master blaster, no strobe and no tamper devise, the wiring I have shows

the negative wire from from the 12v supply direct to NO on the panel ( PO2 )

The positive wire from the 12v supply to the positive side of the Master Blaster

The negative side of the Master Blaster to the C on the panel.

I cannot seem to get the panel to recognise an output is there and cannot ' test ' it nothing happens ?

Thanks for your help.

Not worked with either your alarm or sounder, but ive looked up the info on them. you have connected it up correctly, assuming it has a mains supply too.

The panel appears to have two outputs, have you tried them both? Personally i would program the output as strobe bell follow( i believe thats the correct scanny terminology). To test, if the oitput test isnt working, put it into a full alarm. thats the only way to be 100% certain its proggd correctly anyways. hope this helps

I think I may have a PIR knocking round from a Home Link 75 that I never bothered to install in the kit if you're interested. (Was installed as a remote fob alert for an elderly relative, rather than a full alarm).

Have you got the correct the master blaster, personally ive come across 3 different types and more than likely others out there! 240v powered which is triggered thru a relay, 240v powered with a 12v trigger wire or 12v powered wth a 0v trigger!

Also know of 24v units which are designed for fire systems!

As long as you dont have a 24 volt version, im sure we can make it work for you without purchasing anything extra. if you still have problems please post a good quality piccy of the masterblasters connection area so we can read the text associated with the terminal block

Hi Fozzies and topgunn,

Thanks for you input, I can now clarify some of the points you have raised

The MB is definitely 12v, if I disconnect the panel from the wiring the MB works fine with the 12v supply I have had to introduce to overcome the lack of powered outputs on the panel.

In the user menu there is an ability to turn off / on the outputs, a cross or a tick, up until today I have not been able to select on but having swapped the outputs off OP2 on the OP1 I have now been able to set it to on.

Going in to installer menu now I can edit the type of output and this is where it gets complicated ! I assume naming the output has no bearing on this exercise ?

The options available in the output type is mind boggling and are as follows

Siren, ee follow,armed lamp, 24 hours, strobe, strobe set, pulse set, pulse unset, setting complete, siren P1 - P4, strobe set P1 - P4 technical alarm, medical, PA, fire, zone follow, user defined, not used.

I have tried a few of the obvious with no result, I am using a PA remote to test the system, this sets off a full alarm and makes it easy for me to keep testing it.

Sorry to get so long winded, if you can tell me which of the above options are detonate none starters I will happily go through all the others. Thanks for your ongoing help.

Regards. Steve

Sorry, don't intend to detonate it just yet ! should have read definite.

Archived