Security Installer Community

Home Link 75 ....adding A Wired Output To A Master Blaster

cretan-steve

Use the siren option. Do you have a continuity tester? If so confirm the relay changes over. with the output in one state the 2connections to it will be short circui, and then open circuit with the output in the other state

edit: disconnect any wires from the output before testing

I dnt know the panel but wat do u mean by introduced 12v supply due to lack of powered outputs??? normally you wud put the + of the MB to a permanent + / aux in the panel and then the - of the MB to the output o/p 1 for example. programmed up as bell or siren soo on an intruder your MB will get the neg and trigger. aslong as theres no bell delay programmed on the system! alternatively if the MB is a 3 wire one then give it a permanent + and - off the aux terminals then 3rd cable in the output!!

If the 12v external supply definately needed then make sure its commoned up to the panel!!!

Thanks guys for your help, the problem is sorted and all works fine now thanks.

Regrettably it was me being a divvy all along !

Ran two cat. 5 cables to the panel to get enough cables to connect every terminal if I needed to, cable was run when the house was built. Somehow I had connected the twisted pair from one cable at the panel and from the other cable at the MB, never was going to work really

This is where I could blame a Greek electrician but no, all me for not doing the basic's.

Thanks again for your help, I might have found it eventually but you insistence that it should be working got me there sooner.

Have a good week end.

Regards. Worse for the sun ....... Cretan - Steve

Archived