Security Installer Community

Help With Detecting Dvr In Bt Business Router - 2701Hgv-C

bm_99

Hey there people, basically got a DM BX2 here and was all working fine watching remotly, something went wrong with the router so customer got a new 1 from BT, i think the old 1 was a 2700 and the new one is 2701.

I can ping the DVR and even see the cameras on the internal LAN, but the router just cant see the DVR under wired devices and because of that i cant even sucessfully save any port forwarding.

Think when i originally done this i had the same problem than rang BT and went through the mdc (management diagnostic console) but on this i cant do that any ideas people, rang BT anyway but they go its another department, so they should call me back that was at about 4 ish lol

cheers

I think that router will only allow port forwarding to devices assigned an ip by dhcp, the bx2 will only allow a fixed ip.

You may be able to connect a laptop and let it get an address by dhcp, set the forwarding up to that ip and then disconnect the laptop and give the bx2 the same ip that the laptop had.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

ut can be done but you need to add the static ip to the router.

But i must admit that routers interface is a nightmare.

Do yourself a favour and replace the router with a draytek or something you know of equal stability. Else you will spend more in time than a new router costs so will be a cheaper option for your client

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi. the 2701 has the same setup as the old 2 wire. you cant see the dvr ip on the router settings. what you will see is the dvr mac address. in services you will see a drop down window click on your DVRs mac then click assign a service . call it cctv 1 then setup your ports

with BT business it should also have a static ip so no need to use a service such as ddns

I think that router will only allow port forwarding to devices assigned an ip by dhcp, the bx2 will only allow a fixed ip.

You may be able to connect a laptop and let it get an address by dhcp, set the forwarding up to that ip and then disconnect the laptop and give the bx2 the same ip that the laptop had.

cheers mate will try this if the nothing else works

ut can be done but you need to add the static ip to the router.

But i must admit that routers interface is a nightmare.

Do yourself a favour and replace the router with a draytek or something you know of equal stability. Else you will spend more in time than a new router costs so will be a cheaper option for your client

Theres aleady a static present has been working fine before for the last 2 -3 years, not sure about changing the router espeically as its a new 1 lol. plus if anything goes wrong this way at least he doesnt need to buy a new 1

Hi. the 2701 has the same setup as the old 2 wire. you cant see the dvr ip on the router settings. what you will see is the dvr mac address. in services you will see a drop down window click on your DVRs mac then click assign a service . call it cctv 1 then setup your ports

with BT business it should also have a static ip so no need to use a service such as ddns

i cant even see the MAC address mate

Archived