Security Installer Community

Eurosec Cp8L Remove And Replace Questions

DaveDesign

Hi guys, nice forum you have here. please excuse my first post being full of questions!!!!!!

Anyways I want to remove my eurosec cp8l, fitted when the house was built a few years ago, No eng code and has been reset to begin with 9.

I would like to remove as i dont have the eng code, the battery has had it, i want to add a new zone, edit part set, replace some pir's with animal imune.

So of course the sensible option is to chuck it in the bin and replace the panel+keypad, Going to keep the ext sounder already fitted. (unless i have already broken it, long story)

I have the panel completely powered down, mains isolated, battery disconected.

The only concern i have is when i disconect the bell box from the panel will it sound?

if it does will it stop after 20?

All this is from my asuption the box has a battery backup so my concerns for noise and possible damage while changing the panel.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Hi guys, nice forum you have here. please excuse my first post being full of questions!!!!!!

Anyways I want to remove my eurosec cp8l, fitted when the house was built a few years ago, No eng code and has been reset to begin with 9.

I would like to remove as i dont have the eng code, the battery has had it, i want to add a new zone, edit part set, replace some pir's with animal imune.

So of course the sensible option is to chuck it in the bin and replace the panel+keypad, Going to keep the ext sounder already fitted. (unless i have already broken it, long story)

I have the panel completely powered down, mains isolated, battery disconected.

The only concern i have is when i disconect the bell box from the panel will it sound?

if it does will it stop after 20?

Should do ;)

All this is from my asuption the box has a battery backup so my concerns for noise and possible damage while changing the panel.

Thanks in advance

Dave

:)

If the above is true the bellbox should have sounded as soon as you done this.

Definetly didn't sound on powering off, although i did manage to blow a fuse before hand giving me bat low and bell tamp alerts (decorating!!!) Kinda gave me the push to get off my ass and just replace the unit though.

Not really fussed if the bell triggers when i disconect on the panel, Just concerened that it would stop after a small time period. Also to the fact i would need to some how insulate the bell wires while changing the panel if they were carying 12v from a bell box battery.

Deffo locked, reset the unit but codes still remain so eng was locked. Not interested in reseting, just going to replace.

The bell box does still have battery backup as the led are still going.

Think I am going to change the bell box also, I like the look of the illuminated deltabell x.

As my current still has a battery I expect to go deaf when I open the case to replace it!

Archived