Security Installer Community

Eurosec Cp8L Remove And Replace Questions

DaveDesign

if its locked as it appears then it needs to be unlocked or replaced. as the cpl8 is a cheap lower end panel then id suggest changing it is your lower cost option. But as above the sounder if correctly installed should of sounded when you removed all power, but as it didnt powering it back up and down again shouldnt cause it to alarm. Also all decent modern sounders for quite a while do have a 20 minute timer

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Thanks for the reply,

Yep i have a replacement panel, waiting for bellbox tomorrow, Honeywell ActiveGuard Intellisense.

on inspection of the rest of the system there are a few tamper springs missing anyway.

all in all not a bad thing replacing.

Also powered and de-powered the panel since and still no bell activation!!!!.

tbh i think the battery was just dead from having the panel off for a few days, the day after i powered down the panel the bellbox still had status led's on, not now.

i have an intelisense ag6 to replace it with.

perhaps to be on the safe side after setup and testing i will withdraw power from the panel and see if it activates, will rule out a cable issue i guess.

Cant be a cable issue, must be the bell. removal of hold off volts should set it off, and if it had not hold off for an extended period, its internal battety would be flat. must be either faulty or incorrectly set up

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help on this topic guys.

It's all fully fitted, programmed and working great.

I am really pleased i did this, i now have my zones programmed with display text, kitchen etc and user text rather than 'user'

The garage is now part of the alarm with chime on both doors, and i can now do a part set.

I found from the old install, 'A profesional install' the bell box was miss wired and the strobe never worked, all pir, panel and keypad were all fitted with 1/4" screws direct into plaster, no plugs. The dummy bell and bell box were both fixed with 1 screw and plug!

I can't quite get my head round how exactly the tamper was wired but im pretty sure it would have never have worked correctly.

P.s im pleased i got some ear defenders for fitting my new bell box!!!!!!!

Thanks again for all the replies to this topic

Dave

Archived