Security Installer Community

Recover Installer Code For Rokonet Prosys

GuyFromPEI

Hello,

Please forgive me upfront for my lack of knowledge in the area of residential alarms. I moved into a house that has a Rokonet ProSys alarm installed. I want to change a Family name that is programmed into the alarm as a System label (i.e. "Basso") to read my family name (i.e., "Smith"). From the documentation I have read online, it appears that this would have been set up by the installer through the Installer Programming Menu. The problem is, I don't have access to the family I purchased the house from and have no idea who installed the alarm.

I have tried accessing this area using the default Installer Codes (which I found online), however, this does not work as they appear to have been changed by the installer and I cannot proceed any further.

Is there anyway I can recover the installer code so that I can change this system label?

Thank you,

Colby

Assuming you have a ProSys 40 or 128 you can only alter user labels through the Grand Master code. System and partition labels must be created via engineering. An installer may be able to get into the system, it depends on how it was set-up, and what level of defaulting is enabled. Sooner or later you will get the dreaded flashing tick and or spanner telling you there is something the panel does not like and you wont be able to reset it even after viewing and acknowledging the fault.

• 1 month later...

Not on a prosys

being a multiplatform ( property management system ) ie access, intruder, enviromental, cctv, IMO training is needed on a system of this type.

As far as i know Risco do not sell this system unless the engineer has been on there training first.

AbleAlarmMan

Able Alarm Ltd

this is interesting... so a manufactuer will not sell a product to an installer unless they have attended training and "certified". And unless you know what you're doling they are a pig of a panel??

Anyone actually use these things on here?

Archived