Security Installer Community

Eight Legged Things

TimStevenson

Hi folks,

just opened up a panel today and got the shock of my life.... a great big ruddy spider staring back at me, wondering why I'd disturbed its slumber!! I know panels can get nice and warm but this is ridiculous! The damn thing had spun enough silk to give me a new tie (not that I wear a tie very often..) - took me ages to clear the 'mess' up.

The spider was 'accidently' squashed between the inside of the panel and the large battery. Fried spider anyone? Incidentally, the spider looked like it could have carried the battery from one side of the panel to the other, it was that huge!

I remember taking an old bell box off and one landed on my face, nearly came off the ladder lol

I'm not a fan of spiders but I'm not scared of them, the rest of our guys are terrified of spiders

Hey Ho, Lets Go

Dont mind spiders or rats ets but have come accross a bat behind a bellbox when removing it. It was the shock that nearly made me fall of the ladders. Weird looking creatures they are aswell.

God knows how it got their in the first place.

!

• 1 month later...

I found a bat behind a bellbox one time too. Had to change the bellbox to one of ours. Decided to leave it as I was coming back the next day to finish off. It was gone in the morning.

Archived