Security Installer Community

Rookie - Intruder Alarm Questions.....

jmsa7

what do you compare your tamper return voltage too? do you record it on install?

As Andy says, on our installs, all commissioning paperwork is in a plastic wallet onfront of the end station. On takeovers, I usually jot a few readings down on the inside of the panel lid in marker pen and compare them on each visit. Failing that, compare with hold off voltage...

Trade Member

By removing the hold off or do you go up to the SAB?

:plane:

Remove the hold off for a few seconds.

Does anybody actually go up and inspect the SAB on a service visit? Genuine question. I know Alpha Alarms in Manchester checked bell tampers on every visit!

Trade Member

Does anybody actually go up and inspect the SAB on a service visit? Genuine question. I know Alpha Alarms in Manchester checked bell tampers on every visit!

We have to clean them

Hey Ho, Lets Go

No, I think back when Alpha started there was alot more pride and money in the job. I dread replacing their low bells, last one I did had threaded rod and bolts! I have only ever taken over one bad job of theirs in Whitefield..............................must have been one of Andy's :lol:

No, I think back when Alpha started there was alot more pride and money in the job. I dread replacing their low bells, last one I did had threaded rod and bolts! I have only ever taken over one bad job of theirs in Whitefield..............................must have been one of Andy's :lol:

Ah, someone does do it the correct way when the need arises then.

I've seen Red plugs and 1.5 x 8s used to hold SAs on metal cladding around a warehouse

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived