Security Installer Community

Help Setting Up A Maintenance Contract

goodwin

prevention rather than cure would be a better idea, why im asking

I could tell you lots of things but none of them would stand up in a court of law apparently the customer has statutory rights, this means they can get you to install an alarm system and then not pay you at all, you can then take them to a county court and win but this still wont get you paid.

Rather than concentrating on the contract personally I would be investing in credit checking, and making sure you get enough deposit to cover your costs. Once you have that end covered if you do a good job and look after the customer and make it clear what is included in your maintenance you should never go wrong, customers only leave because they are pissed off about something.

I wouldnt worry about all the other ****, if I think a customer is trying to pull a fast one I put their charges up that soon gets rid of them.

It's your contract. You can put whatever you want in it. If i'm reading right you want us to tell you what clauses to put in so you wont get stung in future? Nicking our years of hard earned blood sweat and tears.

To be honest you would be better putting together a draft document, asking us for input and then running it past a lawyer to see how water tight it is. Unfortunatley there isn't a bog standard industry contract that you can swap out the names and bob's your uncle.

Archived