Security Installer Community

Pelco D To P

emsgeorge

I did see a topic on this in the trade forums, but as I'm waiting for my approval to come through, I cant read it yet !.

I have a client with a sprite 2, and all the domes on pelco d. None of the domes are capable of doing p. I remember having this problem with another customers kit before, and I swapped out the dome in the end. not possible with this one, as theres 10 of them.

Ive seen BBV do a rack mount job which is a multi protocol splitter, but it looks a bit overkill for my application. Anyone got any suggestions on a simple box to convert - I remember many moons ago getting something from norbain which did pelco to vicon protocol conversion - it was a nice little plug and play box, but cant seem to find anything now.

Thanks

G

could you let me know what dome it is??

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay gents. I can't view the link, as it comes up as forbiddden - I assume that's the trade forum topic (still haven't had approval yet ........)

The domes are old ljd domes, g3 ones. Spoke to technical at dm, there's no firmware update or anything that provides the protocol direct out of the unit.

I'm sure there's one of the 'protocol converters' at the site I'm going to next week - a halfords store, so I will take some details down. I can't remember the last time we used norbain, are their sales people still good - might just give them a ring and describe it !!

Norbain Technical are normally very helpful on the phone.

The link is for a trade forum thread. There is a link on that thread for BBV CCTV they should be able to find you a protocol convertor to suit. Speak to there Technical, they are very helpful also.

• 2 months later...

Archived