Security Installer Community

New Installers - Advice

nickoxford

Wow.

Anymore insights how we can run this business with Police Responce?

Afterall, you must have hundreds of Policed accounts.

Knowledge is power - explanation was for less experienced engineers.

I have no monitored systems, last ones went over to a 'gold' when met (last force to do ths?) stopped allowing non registered companies to keep existing systems on URN.

tbh i was glad it happened, having witnessed several 'missed alarms' a couple where people got badly hurt when i was working for NACOSS companies, human error maybe but i did not like the lability issues where i can't control it,

early days the clients paid the ARC direct, then it had to be from the installer. I know i could have made better money but i sleep better knowing i'm free of that worry.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Arf. I just think its a natural evolution of technology. Video or audio confirm is available to the masses. Noticed today in b&q that response have a diy system that sends images yo phones. Once that's installed diy user calls police themselves.

think thats 'fair' , but should that call be from a profit making unregulated or nit fully regulated company (no diss), who have likely no idea of the outlay, the alarm or users?

i posted earlier about this, what about 'missed' alarms? human error, subs kit fault, line fault ARC messes up, insurance declines to pay, whi will fight for the sub?

I know I would not want to be in a test case :(.

Forget the arc arf. Not needed.

but this is all by the by. This has been done, is occuring will continue to do so. Evolve or die. The theory if this is sound its all about the execution. But its all cyclical and when it turns to **** someone will say, ah we need some way of inspecting these systems.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

If it wasn't for insurers being so uninterested and not having a scooby about the security industry both of those bodies would have been buried years ago.

been a long time, but i think this might be where i came in.....

Archived