Security Installer Community

Cctv Is Nursery Classrooms

Oxford

My son is 3 and attends a local nursery, I got home today to find a memo stating they are installing CCTV in all the classrooms at the nursery- I don't have any issues with this. However, I was contacted about remote viewing and smart phone access - this I do have an issue with.

When I was contacted (nearly a year ago) I was informed they might be fitting CCTV to improve the teachers performance (which is very good anyway).

It's certainly not to protect the building as it has no intruder alarm, neither are they installing external cameras - only the classrooms are having CCTV.

Is this 100% above board? Is it even ethical for someone to be able to view my son from a remote location?

My son is 3 and attends a local nursery, I got home today to find a memo stating they are installing CCTV in all the classrooms at the nursery- I don't have any issues with this. However, I was contacted about remote viewing and smart phone access - this I do have an issue with.

When I was contacted (nearly a year ago) I was informed they might be fitting CCTV to improve the teachers performance (which is very good anyway).

It's certainly not to protect the building as it has no intruder alarm, neither are they installing external cameras - only the classrooms are having CCTV.

Is this 100% above board? Is it even ethical for someone to be able to view my son from a remote location?

We have a couple we look after, you never heard of 'Nursery Cam'? Think they were the first to do it.

Archived