Security Installer Community

Risco Bellbox Connection

TimStevenson

Hi all,

I've recently invested in a new bellbox - a Risco (Nova 6 if think)and I need to connect it to a Galaxy 18 (which will be upgraded next!). However, I just wanted someone to look at the connections I have in mind...;

BELLBOX PANEL

0v.............Aux 0v

12v............Aux 12v

S-.............Output programmed as bell trigger

TMPR...........Control panel tamper loop (although not sure how this one works, the panel has a double terminal for tamper loop)

STR-...........Output programmed as strobe

TMPF...........Aux 0v

If anyone can point me in a better direction than the above, please do!

Thank you.

Hi all,

I've recently invested in a new bellbox - a Risco (Nova 6 if think)and I need to connect it to a Galaxy 18 (which will be upgraded next!). However, I just wanted someone to look at the connections I have in mind...;

BELLBOX PANEL

0v.............Aux 0v - take this from bell tamper output

12v............Aux 12v - take this from BELL +

S-.............Output programmed as bell trigger - correct

TMPR...........Control panel tamper loop this go's to the BELL TAMPER in the panel

STR-...........Output programmed as strobe - correct

TMPF...........Aux 0v link to 0v in the siren.

If anyone can point me in a better direction than the above, please do!

Thank you.

and now you have been - by a non registered installer ;).

the galaxy is not a panel i use, but rare to supply the external siren from the 12v AUX (which is for detection devices), thats only been seen by me on a really cheapy nasty panel many moons ago.

the terminals marked bell + & - are for direct bells, has confussed many a poster in here (and an engineer above it seems :whistle: ), rarely used these days actually for a bell :).

the bell negative is switched going negative when in alarm, so won't satisfy your SAB (Nove 6).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

and now for an approved one

BELLBOX PANEL

0v............. Connec to the 0v supply for the sab, As on the right hand side of the panel pcb adj to the one marked T with a loop

12v............Aux 12v - take this from BELL + connect to 12v +ve there is no dedicated bell supply on this panel.

TMPR...........Connect to the T connection on the right of the board

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

:)

and now for an approved one

BELLBOX PANEL

0v............. Connec to the 0v supply for the sab, As on the right hand side of the panel pcb adj to the one marked T with a loop

12v............Aux 12v - take this from BELL + connect to 12v +ve there is no dedicated bell supply on this panel.

TMPR...........Connect to the T connection on the right of the board

lol!

tbph i'm shocked and astonnished at no dedicated bell output, surely that can't comply?

is so, what happens if the EWD gets ripped off the wall duing an intrussion, the ripped out ends bare and short out the 12 volts = panel dead surely?.

or am i 'unapprovedly' missing something here? :whistle:

lol!

Arfur

yes you are missing something lol

A weakness of the panel id agree but it was (no longer available) a great and serious panel. Panel is run from the psu direct so if the fuse blows then the panel will be fine. There was also a set of dedicated communiator power supply outputs so that would also continue to work.

like i said a feature weakness IMO but the panel more than made up for it in other areas. GIve me any situation and a galaxy classic and even a new dimension can do it. IF you cant make a gal do something then your the issue (or me etc) not the panel. Bellman was king of the galaxy programming. Taught me a few things

Never used them, se them at several IFSEC's.

no reason, other than they seemed to complex for my needs or for the general jobs I tend to deal with. ADEMCO. I viewed much the same, but I know they must be loved - by someone :).

Arfur

ademco imo did a great job with galaxy, they left microtech alone to get on with what they did best.

however honeywell seem hell bent in ruining the product, and imo with the honeywell dimension are in the throws of doing a scantronic mosiac

:)

lol!

tbph i'm shocked and astonnished at no dedicated bell output, surely that can't comply?

is so, what happens if the EWD gets ripped off the wall duing an intrussion, the ripped out ends bare and short out the 12 volts = panel dead surely?.

or am i 'unapprovedly' missing something here? :whistle:

lol!

Arfur

no different to risco panel then

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived