Security Installer Community

Adt Control Panel

fel

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, they came along with a three Galaxy 520's, a Galaxy 96, two 9500's, a CD-95, a 9752 and an Optima so we didn't have much choice!

Had to do some alterations to one of 'em last Friday. Re-locate a DT, remove a PIR and swap an old RX-35 for a DT. Simple enough on any normal panel. Was extra careful when disconnecting the IDIS line but the stupid thing still ended up chucking a wobbler. Luckily it didn't wipe the IDIS programming as I didn't fancy unwiring 30/40 chips and taking them back to the panel to re-address. I'll be glad when the bloody things pack in (aslong as it's not at the weekend when I'm on call!)

I hope not they are all on fully comp.

We've got one mosaic it's the first and hopefully last I ever see.

That's customer came with 4 galaxy's in 4 blocks and the mosaic with a sd1 Attatched lol

I'd have been tempted to give them the 5th Galaxy

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Not sure what the powered that be are thinking. If it even false alarms whilst in my call the panels getting changed tho

Slide an uninsulated screwdriver up and down the back of the pcb, they run a lot smoother afterwards!!

Not sure what the powered that be are thinking. If it even false alarms whilst in my call the panels getting changed tho

The powers that be don't seem to get the hassle from them directly so not as bothered?

Slide an uninsulated screwdriver up and down the back of the pcb, they run a lot smoother afterwards!!

What a good idea! :proud:

They are indestructible like the CDs

Why would you want to cause harm to such a lovely high specification panel?

I found dry joints on a cd the other night. Was on aux/ball tamper which both show as cabinet tamper along with the ACTUAL cabinet tamper spring.

Caught me out the first time I saw that.

Ended up being a faulty sounder lol

Must have some some mileage being a cd. ATS is even 10 years old.

im gonna stick to honeywell as there the bestest alarm panel in the whole wide world...

Agreed, for failures and call out revenue.

Must have some some mileage being a cd. ATS is even 10 years old.

Agreed, for failures and call out revenue.

Think it's been in for around 15 years ish... Not sure tbh

Never had any major issues with Honeywell.

Did have a g48 the other day with a faulty dataline. Was a takeover and relocate panel anyway, fitted a g2

you do change your mind a lot tho...

Based on things that change, yes. I used to think my Nokia brick phone was ace until they did something better, then something better after that. Alarm panels are no different. When galaxy came out it made products around it look toy town but 22 years later it isn't quite the product it once was.

Still prefer it to a mosaic anyday.

Based on things that change, yes. I used to think my Nokia brick phone was ace until they did something better, then something better after that. Alarm panels are no different. When galaxy came out it made products around it look toy town but 22 years later it isn't quite the product it once was.

Still prefer it to a mosaic anyday.

wasnt quite 22 years ago,but i get what you mean...

Archived