Security Installer Community

Driver Fined For Waning Of Police Speed Trap

arfur mo

been on the box,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-12115179

we see this being done by other drivers, tbh mixed feelings if its good or bad as some could be confused or simply slam on te brakes as they tend to for fix camera's or even old speed marking spots on the road wheere road works are long gone, so i don't in general do it.

on country lanes i will flash to warn of hazards like horse's (have about 5 stables within a 3 mile radious) or an accident to oncommig drivers while making a slow down signal.

this guy has now got a criminal record just for warning ohers, yet cases where excessive speed led to death end up with a fine, surely not something anyone would have expected above a fine. in our business could be devastating.

what seems really obtuse to me is if warnng of a speed trap is concidered as obstructing the Police, why then paint safety cameras bright yellow, ibeleive a mobile trap can only be in roads marked with warning signs - based on this theory if so why?

the idea allegedly is to slow traffic to legal speeds and reduce accidents, prosecution is a step. Police often plant a patrol car in full view up on a mound to do just that job on busy A and M Ways.

i fear this could also add to the lethargic feeling of not to get involved or putting yourself at any risk in general, when helping others or dealing with the Police in any way, a sad reflection on society for it, wost this guy should have got was a £60 fine, after all he was not even using his phone while driving yet has a criminal record.

Arfur

MOds, showing 2 entries for this post in 'new content', system froze when i prssed 'ost' button, delete one please

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

lets compare flashing headlights to:-

Alongside officers from other UK forces, a detective constable from Humberside's training department was sent to the South Asian country to train members of the Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) for two weeks in November last year.

The unit has been condemned by Human Rights Watch as a "government death squad" responsible for hundreds of extra- judicial killings in recent years.

It is alleged to have been involved in kidnap and extortion.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/news/Humberside-Police-train-Bangladeshi-death-squad/article-3037686-detail/article.html

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

I really don't understand what is the difference between the signs warning of a speed camera, the GPS warning systems, Speed trap detectors and the flashing of lights to other drivers.

Surely if it makes people slow down (even if for a short time) it has been effective and achieved its ultimate goal if not its revenue level. TBH if this is effective in obstructing the police officer in performing their duties, in other words making motorists slow down and hence not caught by the trap, maybe the police would be more effective driving around flashing other drivers with unmarked police cars than setting speed traps!

Incredible mistakes were made, Huntley is the kind iof cunning sly predator, had he not got the job at Soham he would likely have killed at some stage elsewhere,

Tragic lesson was his fairly easy access to a trusted position with children, perhaps such easy access was to tempting to control, even had he wanted to.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived