Security Installer Community

Conservatory Detectors

steveyd2010

Hi,

I have just purchased a new house (which is going to be a rental) and am installing an alarm system in it. One question I have it for the conservatory. Is there a particular detector that you would fit in this room or would you just use a standard PIR?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi,

I have just purchased a new house (which is going to be a rental) and am installing an alarm system in it. One question I have it for the conservatory. Is there a particular detector that you would fit in this room or would you just use a standard PIR?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I would definately get a better sensor than a standard PIR, due to the temperature changes in conservatories.

I would personally use a Optex FX50SQ (Super-Quad) it is designed for environments like this.

Product Info Sheet

Ensure it's a SQ model for the "Patented Double Conductive Shielding"

Other manufacturers make "harsh environment quad pirs"

As above a good quad or DT.

The only problem I have with a Dual-Tech in a conservatory is it's pointless unless the microwave range can be set perfectly.

Why pay more money for two technologies, if one of them is looking into next doors conservatory or sensing a cat on the window ledge outside?

My first answer was to lock off the conservatory from the house and forget it.

However I do not know the layout.

And there could be some decent TV/Sound system in there anyway.

Use a DT and set it up as per manufacturer instructions.

Thanks guys, other option is just not to alarm to conservatory but tbh im of the opinion that if a jobs worth doing ect..........would you normally alarm a conservatory or just alarm the adjoining room in the main house?

Depends on the house but it's the thing to put a 42 inch tv in the conservatory. And it's possibly the most vulnerable part of the house.

Also there maybe no need for the adjoining room to need a sensor if there is no external point of access, if a conservatory sensor is fitted.

I would fit one.

Archived