Security Installer Community

Ni Fire Chief Warns Cuts 'will Impact Public Safty

james.wilson

The Fire Brigades Union has warned that impending budget cuts "are going to impact on public safety" or on the safety of firefighters in Northern Ireland, reports the BBC.

Plans to cut 25 per cent of the fire service's budget could cause either one or two fire stations in County Londonderry to close, which would severely affect the fire detection and fighting capabilities of the services in the area.

Peter Craig, the acting chief fire officer of the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue, told the national news provider that to make the savings, his body would have to consider downgrading services in at least six stations.

"If I think cuts are going to impact on public safety or on the safety of firefighters in Northern Ireland," he said.

"The one person who will object is me because I'm required by law to provide an effective and safe fire service for everybody"

Cuts have been proposed to fire stations across the United Kingdom after the coalition government brought in austere measures to counteract the recession.

from

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Sad to see this happeing to these services

Get rid of the Deadwood in there would solve part of the problem, i know a guy in NI fire service who brags constantly about his 40k wages but dosent do anything as he's in limboland, they cant get rid of him would cost to much and they have have no postion for him!! Usefull, he dosent actually do anything apart from making tea, surfin the net and doing .. nothing and he's not the only one he tells me :whistle:

Archived