Security Installer Community

Choosing The Right Product - Texecom

zurrieq

i wouldnt use your garage remote as its probably low security but

what happens when someone steals your car key?

Car key opens car and that can be stoln (car is insured)

Garage Key opens garage and can enter house and carry everything. I need to protect this with an alarm :) I believe that the most secure is to type the pin on the keypad before you leave and on your return. The only way they can get the pin is if they torture me. So even stealing the garage remote, it will not be of any good (after the alarm is installed of course :)).

if he risk is that high, ie the risk of torture then id agree that prox or fob may not be a suitable disarm method.

but then if the risk is that high then you should be looking at very secure systems.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

if he risk is that high, ie the risk of torture then id agree that prox or fob may not be a suitable disarm method.

but then if the risk is that high then you should be looking at very secure systems.

Jokes apart, I would like to stick to a manual typing of a pin against a keypad. It would be secure enough and kills the risk of having a remotely opened garage door. That way, I can also leave the garage door open and still have the house secured.

Can you suggest a wired door contact for tis system please?

Interesting. I was replying to an earlier quote where it was recommended to have a door contact in the door where I use most. That happens to be the garage door :)

Interesting though that I can use the garage remote to enable/disable alarm. My only query would be... what happens if someone steals the remote??

Use a gsm-eagle, has 2 relays and you can send it a text to the second relay for alarm on/off ;).

Garage remote lost, pia and costs to get new one. But loose phone, soon as you cancel sim it restores integrity, get new sim and your up and running without breaking sweat.

But then I'm a cunning old b@&£"Rxd

;)

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Just to mention, if you install even with the best intentions to grade 3, any item that is not, drags that systemit to that lower grade.

If you figure mo voice dialler will ever be grade 3 then your system will not be grade 3.

Put simply, you have to have G3 signalling to have a G3 system, so unless you are hoping for a registered company to take over at some later date for monitoring and Police response, you night be 'over egging' the cake a little.

No harm using G3 rated kit, it just has more effort put inti design against tampering or bypassing by felons.

More to it than that, but just to get you on the right page do to speak.

Arfur

i would recommend fitting a surge purge filter in fuse spur as have fitted a few alarms in Malta and found the amount of power cuts they suffer caused a few problems.

What do you think about this for surge protection of both electricity and telephone line ? - Belkin SurgeMaster, 1-Way MasterCube with Tel/Fax/Modem Protection

What do you think about this for surge protection of both electricity and telephone line ? - Belkin SurgeMaster, 1-Way MasterCube with Tel/Fax/Modem Protection

Will do no harm and inexpensive to install, for CCTV and pabx work use ups units, reduces glitches IMHO and experience quite considerably, especially cheaper end of Market kit.

Arfur

Guys... thanks for everyone for your help. I am now closer to take a decision on what to buy and most items will be texecom.

Quick question... I will probably get the comip with the premier 48. Do I need a usb-com as well? I understand the latter is only required to connect directly to the control panel whilst the ComIP will allow a user to do the same thing over the LAN... Is this correct?

Subject to if I need the ComIP/USb-Com this is my current thought:

Control Panel - Texecom PREMIER 48 8 ZONE CONTROL PANEL GRADE3 - Premier 48 Qty:1

KeyPads - TEXECOM PREMIER LCD REMOTE KP GRADE3 - DBA-0001 Qty:3

PIR Dual Tech - Texecom Prestige AMDT Plus Grade3 - AFB-0001 Qty:6

Internal Sounder - SECWARE 4 way 'Sound Bomb' Internal Sounder 4 piezo - SB2 KSB2A Qty:1

External back plate - Texecom ODYSSEY 3 LIVE BACK PLATE IP65 - FCC-1111 Qty:1

External Dummy - Texecom ODYSSEY 3 3/E DUMMY BACKPLATE ODY 3 D/B - ODY3BP Qty:1

External Cover - TEXECOM ODYSSEY 3 COVER WHITE - Ody3CoverWB Qty:2

Speech Dialer - Texecom PSD001 SPEECH + TEXT DIALLER - CGC-0001 Qty:1

Wintex Software - Texecom Wintex UDL Upload Download Software - WINTEX-DL Qty:1

Smoke Detector - Texecom OH/4W OPTICAL/HEAT MULTISENSOR - AGB-0001 Qty:2

Network - Texecom Premier ComIP - CEJ-0001 Qty:1

Connect to PC - Texecom PC USB-Com - USB-COM Qty:1

Door Contact - Elmdene QSC Grade3 Large Brown Surface (Green Resistors) - EN3-LSC Qty:1

I am buying these from security warehouse and need to take a decision fast to avoid the VAT increase :) Price is currently at 680 pounds.

Apart from the fused spur, DSL filter/surge protection & some minor wiring I do not believe I am missing something.

Any suggestions please?

Do all items fit together?

Many thanks and BEST WISHES cheers

Archived