Security Installer Community

Nacoss Approved Web Search

james.wilson

Recently i have been doing internet searches on companies that use the word NACOSS in their pages,

Im not 100% sure but i will check but im seeing a lot of firms claiming for example

'provide electrical and security installations to NACOSS, NICEIC Standards. We also provide Redcare and Redcare GSM Intruder and Fire Alarm Monitoring for home and business. CCTV, Cameras, Burglar, Intruder Alarms, Access Control, Door Entry Systems, Cat 5 Cabling, Fire Protection and Fire Al'

etc

is this acceptable? ie in the eyes of the consumer nacoss standards sounds good does it not? Is it permitted to use that phrase when the company providing the system isnt inspected or approved to that standard?

on the recent search i have done it seems the firms xlaiming nacoss standards are SSAIB approved. So that begs the question if they feel that ssaib provides and equal inspection process to NSI (notice i didnt say nacoss) why do they feel the need to mention nacoss?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

SEO perhaps?

I wouldnt mention your mob on my website but Ive no quarms whatsoever about using the sort of phraseology as above, especially when we are still confronted with customers whose insurers are wanting "Nacoss with redcare".

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

James, you miss the point, its not ssaib firms who are mentioning nacoss its out of date insurance brokers.

These days this issue is just a minor sales objection which if dealt with swiftly is very easily overcome.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

James, you miss the point, its not ssaib firms who are mentioning nacoss its out of date insurance brokers.

These days this issue is just a minor sales objection which if dealt with swiftly is very easily overcome.

How did i miss this? Just done the search and no surprise who the CHEATS are.

Cheats in the security industry basicaly claiming to be, or to have acheived something they have not. Would you employ if you were aware?

Insurance companies are not out of touch (although you did say brokers). Insurers want Low risk alarm companies doing high risk jobs BUT they are being challenged. Insurers still send out 3 preffered installers for the high risk stuff and all are NACOSS

Customers!

Well definitely, but why mention nacoss, it seems they are saying these are the best firms and we follow the same rules.... but we are inspected by someone else.

What's the problem with following a set of standards/rules even if you don't belong to said organisation.?

Archived