Security Installer Community

Mutli-Partitioning Vs Multi-Users

meh, i aint really a "pro", i just need for it to go off and it has been working pretty well, obvs i dont know any others panels but this one wasnt that expensive. it's not for a bank use probably, but i hope it will be enough for a single house! just need it to "see" the burglars! and sms/call it to me. obvious cause i work with computers i wanted to go a little further and explore this world you live in. i find it realllly coool, but i'm a little confused with so much information on so little time (NO, NC, polarity, partitions, CMS, PANEL). anyways i'm way better than a few weeks ago, but really needed to see if i was able to resolve the partition isues.

If the installation (cables, sensors, etc.) is OK and the PANEL running, do you think i should worry the panel missconfigs or "fries" (not sure if its an english term!)?

well, many thank again

Fred

To be honest, for a one off system i think you will be ok, from a trade point of view, its pants.

It was about 3 year ago i fitted one, and its still working ok. (not been serviced tho)

cant remember all the reasons i didnt like it, but programming was one of them.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

OP i think oxo is refering to post in the restricted trade area. As a non trade member you wont be able to see it.ButPartitions are designed for split systems, ie image 4 seperate buildings with a keypad in each.What you want to do is part set. But this panel doesnt have the number of part sets you need.If you have a single normal house (ie 1 front door) then you do need part sets then it will work as you want.Looking at your manual you have a full set and 3 part sets. If this is acceptable for your arming req id suggest a reprogram to part sets instead of partitions.Even on a very powerful panel partions would work as this panel does and would assume you wanted to arm the unalarmed partition.

when you say "part set" you mean the home 1, home 2, and full arm modes?! sorry i just dont see the terms parts set in the manual.

thanks all for taking the time to help :)

check here later

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, thanks a lot for the replies. I read just about everything there is to read and the answer was right on the user manual for the version before mine! it states it will ALWAYS arm by default the rest of the partitions. too bad!

just wanna stop bye to wish everyone a merry christmas and say thanks again.

next year i'll be back with my "stupid" questions!

take care

Fred

Archived